Tuesday, September 2, 2008

G is for Gifts

Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday Round 3 and ABC Wednesday has marched us down to the letter G

This seemed like a wonderful opportunity to show off a few Gifts that I have received. This is by no means a catalog of the hundreds of gifts with which I have been showered recently. Just a few pictures from the files.


Otto and Kristin brought me this neat little purse from Thailand - just 4 x 4 1/4 inches, with a long over-the-shoulder cord. Not only is it just the right size for handkerchief, keys, credit card and lipstick, but it is also a decorative fashion accessory to brighten up a drab outfit or to blend with a brighter one.

This cute little dragon is one of my most recent gifts, a birthday gift from Granddaughter Myrtle.

Flowers make a gorgeous gift. This orchid plant from Candace and Clinton brightened my days as I lay flat on back last February.

My friend Frances Townes brought me this dragon all the way from China. He is scanned rather than photographed, thus the soles of his feet are showing as he reclines on the scanner.

95% of the dragons in my tall dragon case are gifts. This is the third shelf down where ALL of dragons are gifts - thank you, everybody.

Josie took this picture of me enjoying new gifts at our Smith family reunion last year. I am reading the birthday card (Otto and I were both celebrating August birthdays) that came with the beautiful dragon shawl I have just donned. It was a gift from daughter Candace and granddaughter Myrtle.

23 comments:

The Mulligan Family said...

Gifts! Glorious gifts! Love the little dragon you recently got from your granddaughter. And the orchids are absolutely gorgeous. Happy ABC Wednesday. My post is up on my Gumbo YaYa blog. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Gifts are nice. They are especially nice when it is something you wanted or needed and thought about getting for yourself.

I only got one Grumpy Alien posted for "G." He is at Thunder Maker

ellen b. said...

Gifts are so much fun to give and to receive. Enjoy...

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I enjoyed seeing your special gifts!

nonizamboni said...

Gifts for the gifted. Corny, but true! Such a nice array of gifts and occasions. So fun to visit you, as always.
xxx
M.A.

Columbo said...

I love gifts....what a great and clever ABC Wednesday G posting. I enjoyed you blog site.

Michele said...

Ah, your gifts are fabulous and I appreciate you showing us your beautiful gifts.
Mountain Retreat</a

Jane Hards Photography said...

These are so special, as they are so personal. Lovely collection.

photowannabe said...

Terrific post for G. You have received many nice gifts. Your little purple dragon is a real prize winner.

Leslie: said...

GORGEOUS shawl you're wearing and what lovely GIFTS you've received! A very lucky GRANNY Smith, you are indeed! :D

Liz Hinds said...

What a wonderful collection of gifts! And so many dragons!

mrsnesbitt said...

A very appreciative post, it is so nice when people show their Gratitude.
Thanks so much.
Dxx

gaz said...

we've had grandaughters posting about their grandothers - now the tables are turned.
have fun and enjoy your week...

Maria Verivaki said...

granny smith, you are giving us a gift with your wisdom today, wonderful post!

Anonymous said...

An absolute Gift of a post for 'G'.

Reader Wil said...

I love your dragons! They are exquisite! So your birthday was not so long ago? In that case happy belated birthday!

Tommy said...

I love to give gifts. Great post for the "G"

Gayle said...

Those are wonderful gifts, and a great idea for ABC Wednesday.

Kjersti said...

Gift is a GGreat choice! I love the little dragon from your Granddaughter.

Saz said...

you have many blessings!

Bear Naked said...

Gee Granny Smith.
All your Gifts must come from Generous and giving people.
How Great is that!

Bear((( )))

Nydia said...

It's so good to receive gifts from people we love! To see how much they care to choose something thatyou'd like... Everything you showed here are beautiful and sweet, specially, of course, the little dragons!

Cute post for the ABC!

Kisses from Nydia.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blog! I am bookmarking you right this second! I love Grandma's immensely : )! AND, you have a Granddaughter named Myrtle...my own dear sweet Grammy was named Myrtle. I can't wait to read more about you and your happy life : )! God bless!